OCTOBER 29, 2020 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
UPDATE: 10/28/2020 -- CAPACITY HAS BEEN REACHED and REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED. A video recording of the event will be shared afterwards. Thank you for your interest.
Join us for a special event discussing COVID-19 policy and public health and cutting edge research in West Virginia. Please register in advance.
11:00 AM PART 1: Focus on Policy and Public Health
This session will include comments from Dr. Anthony Fauci who is one of the nation's leading experts in infectious disease, along with Dr. Clay Marsh, West Virginia's Coronavirus Czar. The event will be moderated by Sally Hodder, MD, Associate Vice President of Clinical and Translational Research, West Virginia University & Director, WVCTSI.
- Anthony S. Fauci, MD, Director, National Institute on Allergy and Infectious Disease
- Ming Lei, PhD, Director, Division of Research for Capacity Building, NIH
- Bill J. Crouch, Secretary, West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources
- Clay B. Marsh, MD, West Virginia COVID-19 Czar; Vice President and Executive Dean, West Virginia University Health Sciences
12 Noon PART 2: Cutting Edge Research in West Virginia
Three presenters will discuss their West Virginia-led COVID-19 research projects:
- F. Heath Damron, PhD, Assistant Professor and Director of the Vaccine Development Center, WVU Health Sciences
- Brian Hendricks, PhD, Research Assistant Professor, Department of Epidemiology, School of Public Health, WVU
- Victor Finomore, Jr., PhD, Assistant Professor, Departments of Neuroscience and Physiology & Pharmacology, School of Medicine, WVU
- Ali Rezai, MD, FAANS, Executive Chair, Vice President of Neuroscience; Associate Dean, John D. Rockefeller IV tenured professor in neuroscience, School of Medicine, WVU
A video recording will be available after the event for those unable to attend in-real-time.