Principal Investigator Academy
The West Virginia Clinical and Translational Science Institute is proud to announce the new Principal Investigator Academy (PI Academy) in the fall of 2019.
The PI Academy's structured curriculum and periodic training events will provide WVCTSI-affiliated faculty researchers conducting clinical trials, as defined by the NIH, the appropriate infrastructure for successful trial management. The PI Academy will:
- Provide training to investigators to enable them to be effective, efficient, and in compliance with both federal and local regulations,
- Serve as a catalyst and home for investigators conducting clinical research as well as a central communication hub to disseminate training, policies, and best practices, and
- Educate investigators on their responsibilities as PI of a clinical trial.
The PI Academy is perfect for both early-stage and experienced investigators. Subject matter to be covered includes:
- Preparing for and responding to and FDA inspection
- Informed Consent
- IND and IDE sponsor and investigator training
- Clinicaltrials.gov training
- Responsible Conduct of Research
- Protocol development
- Adverse events and adjudications reporting
- And much more!
The SOLE web platform will be used to administer the curriculum for this program. Participants will be granted access to SOLE upon successful program registration. To register, and for more details, click on the Registration link on the navigation menu on the right.
Questions? Contact Debbie Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org or (304) 581-1937.