WVCTSI Response to COVID-19
WVCTSI shifting to virtual office in response to COVID-19
The West Virginia Clinical and Translational Science Institute headquarters based at West Virginia University has shifted to a remote office and cancelled or postponed gatherings/human contact in order to mitigate community spread of COVID-19. This decision was made in accordance with recommendations from officials across the state and partnering academic institutions, as well as federal guidance.
WVCTSI resources and services will still be available to investigators in adjusted remote/virtual formats. Consultations, meetings, and other activities will be offered through a variety of telecommunications and videoconferencing platforms.
Service requests and virtual meetings can be arranged with all staff members via email. Complete contact information for WVCTSI staff members can be found at WVCTSI.org
Our goal is to ensure that investigators are able to continue to pursue the mission of driving meaningful health outcomes through innovative biomedical research, while also minimizing the potential spread of the COVID-19 throughout the Mountain State.
WVCTSI will continue to share updates and information relevant to members as it becomes available. Members can also stay connected with WVCTSI on Facebook and Twitter. We appreciate your patience and flexibility as we react to this fluid situation.
COVID-19 Guidance and Recommendations
- Additional Recommendations for WVU Health Sciences Center Clinical Research (5-8-2020)
- WV Project ECHO COVID-19 FAQs
- Guidance for Clinical Trial Principal Investigators
- Guidance for WVU Investigators and Research Coordinators
- Additional Recommendations for WVU Clinical Research (3-17-2020)
- COGR- Institutional and Agency Responses to COVID-19 and Additional Resources
- FDA Guidance on Clinical Trials
- Blog - Is It Time To Quarantine Junk Food? by Dr. Mark Cucuzzella
- WVCTSI COVID-19 Data Funding
- WVCTSI Pop-Up COVID-19 Funding Opportunity
- NIDA COVID-19 Funding Opportunity