TriNetX is a web-based cohort creation database and retrospective research tool containing the same patient data housed in the IDR. Researchers can browse TriNetX through diagnoses, procedures, medications, laboratory results, and demographics, in a fully de-identified setting. TriNetX can provide information about patient facts and calculate the rate of arrival for patients within your defined parameters to assist in assessing the feasibility of a clinical trial or other prospective studies. WVCTSI has joined the TriNetX Research Network, which allows queries to be run against the 22+ organizations that comprise the Network, or against solely the WVU Medicine network. De-identified datasets can be obtained through TriNetX for queries run on the WVU Medicine network. Additionally, single-cohort outcomes analyses and two-cohort comparison analyses such as Odds Ratio/Risk Ratio and Kaplan-Meier analyses can be run within the TriNetX Analytics module, with more analytic capabilities to be added in the future.
TriNetX accounts are currently available only to WVU researchers; to receive an account, complete the Data Use and Confidentiality User Agreement in iLab. To request a TriNetX demonstration or training, please submit a Consultation Request via iLab. Currently, WVU Medicine patient data is uploaded into TriNetX on a quarterly basis. As our underlying data structure is updated, we anticipate being able to provide more frequent data updates to TriNetX in the future.
Anyone without an active WVCTSI membershop and iLab account will need to create one and sign the Data Use and Confidentiality Agreement (instructions below)
To become a WVCTSI member: complete the form at this link.
To create an iLab account:
- Go to https://wvu.corefacilities.org/account/login
- Sign in using your WVU credentials. This should re-direct you to the standard WVU login page.
- Once logged in, select your lab/PI. If the lab or PI you are affiliated with does not appear in the drop-down list, please select “CTSI Community” as your lab. You will receive an email when your account has been finalized.
To sign the Data Use and Confidentiality User Agreement:
- From the iLab home page, open the left menu using the 3 bars and choose “Core Facilities.”
- From the list of cores, select the WVCTSI Clinical Research Design, Epidemiology, and Biostatistics Core.
- In the upper right hand corner of the core home page, click on the “Request Services” tab.
- Choose “request service” next to Data Use and User Confidentiality Agreement.
- Complete the request form in full; then click “submit.” Please do not enter any payment information. After this Agreement is completed, you will be permitted to receive data. Additionally, a TriNetX account can requested through this form.