HIV & AIDS
Join us for a conversation on the role of research in deconstructing silos between HIV, viral hepatitis, and substance use in West Virginia.
This special event is presented in partnership with the Community Education Group.
Event registration has closed and the ZOOM connection information has been e-mailed to all of those who registered by 8 a.m. on 9/29/20. We will also be broadcasting the event via Facebook Live and plan to record the discussion for future posting.
11:00 AM PART 1: Focus on Research
This session will include presentations from Dr. Maureen Goodenow and Dr. Ming Lei as they discuss current research related to HIV. Their remarks will be followed by a panel discussion. As individuals are confirmed, they will be added to the list below.
- Maureen Goodenow, PhD, Associate Director for AIDS Research at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and Director of the NIH Office of AIDS Research (OAR)
- Ming Lei, PhD, Director, Division of Research for Capacity Building, NIH
- Amy Atkins, Director, Office of Epidemiology and Prevention Services, Bureau for Public Health, WV DHHR
- Judith Feinberg, MD, Professor & Vice Chair of Research, West Virginia University School of Medicine
- Moderated by Sally Hodder, MD, Assoc. Vice President of Clinical and Translational Research, West Virginia University & Director, WVCTSI
12 Noon PART 2: Community Connections
This session will include a panel discussion by some of West Virginia's community health leaders. As panelists are confirmed, they will be added to the list below.
- Terrence Reidy, MD, MPH, Health Officer, Berkeley/Morgan and Jefferson Counties Health Departments
- Michael Kilkenny, MD, Physician Director, Cabell Huntington Health Department
- Laura Jones, MSW, Executive Director, Milan Puskar Health Right
- Brooke Parker, MSW, SOAR Community Organizer/Outreach Coordinator
- Moderated by: Toni Young, Executive Director, Community Education Group
Registered participants will receive an attendee listing following the event to encourage future collaborations.